Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sagay's Stony Beach

When I was young, I thought all beaches are stony. As I grew older, movies and television showed me that it was otherwise.

For a while, I resented our stony beach. Why can't it be sandy like most? How many slippers have been destroyed while walking on its rough terrain? How many sand castles should I have been able to make in my childhood? How many romantic walks along the beach have I missed in my teens?

If you survey the whole island's coastline, one would realize that only Sagay has an all stony beach. Mambajao, Catarman, and Mahinog have black sand beaches along with their stony ones. Guinsiliban has the most diverse coastline because it has a white sand beach as well.

Despite that I had spent a lot of hours having fun with my family and friends on our stony beaches. Empty gallons served as my bouy as I swam on it for hours turning my skin chocolate brown. Our stony beach is also abundant with shellfish, squid and sardines that fed our family especially in our trying times. Plus, it was fun looking for multicolored and perfectly shaped rocks.

With these in mind, I wish we could come up with a fun activity to do in our stony beach. Perhaps that should be the subject of my next blog.

•○♡♥♡○•


My mom, big sister, niece and daughter helped free the sardines from the net. We went home with free sardine afterwards.
Actually, it's still romantic...


No comments:

Post a Comment